The tower contains a ring of six bells, cast in 1852 by the Whitechapel Bell Foundry, whose master founders at the time were Charles and George Mears. The bells were rehung in 1927.
A winding stone staircase leads from a door outside the church up to the Ringing Chamber, then up to the bell tower and from there out onto a parapet. A bell cord, connected to the tenor bell and extending from the tower down into the church, can be seen by the lectern.
The bells are:
Original recorded weight (in cwt.)
Tenor E 17.2.10
5 F sharp 11.3.12
4 G sharp 9.3.25
3 A 8.1.9
2 B 7.1.18
Treble C sharp 6.3.10
The church still has an active team of bell-ringers, who ring before Sunday services and for festivals and weddings.
Bellringing practice takes place on Thursdays from 8 - 9.30pm. Contact Peter Taylor for further details email: firstname.lastname@example.org